Participants – US Pork Producers and Packers (Slaughter Facilities)
- Contact US SHIP Official State Agency (OSA) in which the participating premises is located.
- Enroll live swine production and slaughter facility premises with the US SHIP OSA in which the participating premises is located.
- Acknowledge understanding of and compliance with requirements for certification.
- Complete US SHIP Biosecurity Enrollment Survey.
- US SHIP OSA to contact US SHIP participant (Swine Owner) to initiate certification.
- US SHIP participants need to demonstrate competency in providing at least 30 days of movement information electronically in a common format (e.g., a prescribed CSV file) to the US SHIP OSA in a timely manner.
- US SHIP OSA confers certification.
- Meet or exceed the requirements for the US SHIP certification(s) held.
Official State Agency
- Administering entity of US SHIP in each participating state
- Responsible for resources required to administer US SHIP in each participating state
- Primary source of US SHIP program specific education to participants in each participating state
- Maintain storefront for the US SHIP program
- Point of Contact for Participants
- Phone / Email / Mailing Address
- Enroll participants
- Enrollment Forms
- Biosecurity Survey
- House participant enrollment and associated demographic information
- Confer certification
- Participants demonstrate ability to generate 30 days of movement information in prescribed CSV / electronic format
- Maintain status of program participants in US SHIP
- Provide aggregate level summary of participation statistics to US SHIP Administration
- Organize state’s participation in US SHIP House of Delegates Meeting
- Facilitate US SHIP program development
- Coordinate US SHIP working groups and technical committees
- Develop, maintain, and keep US SHIP program documents current and available
- Provide technical and program specific support to US SHIP Official State Agencies
- Liaison to USDA Veterinary Services and US pork industry organizations
- Plan and administer US SHIP House of Delegates meetings
- Assemble and report on aggregate level US SHIP program statistics
House of Delegates
- The US SHIP House of Delegates is the principal decision-making body composed of US pork industry participant representing each participating state that determines program content, direction, and requirements for certification by majority vote.
- Voting delegates representing each participating state are appointed by each participating state’s pork producer association and US SHIP Official State Agency.
- A formula-based approach is used to allocate the number of voting delegates to each participating state. The formula uses a combination of a baseline allocation of delegates to all participating states, as well as the generation and subsequent distribution of a pool of At-Large Breeding Herd and Growing Pig delegates based upon the percentage of Breeding Swine and Growing Pigs (respectively) participating in US SHIP that are located in each state.
- Each participating state’s voting delegation is to be inclusive of the State Animal Health Official or their designee.
- State level participation in this pilot US SHIP, ASF-CSF Monitored Certification Program is determined by the State Animal Health Official.
Technical Advisory Committees
- Led by subject matter experts appointed by the US SHIP Program Administration.
- Serve to review suggested updates to and draft program standards (requirements of certification) to be considered by the US SHIP House of Delegates.
- Inclusive of broad representation of industry, state, federal partners.
- The focus areas of Technical Advisory Committees and US SHIP program standards:
- Sampling & Testing (Disease Surveillance)
USDA Veterinary Services
- Participates in US SHIP Program Administration, Technical Advisory Committees, and House of Delegates
- Provides guidance and resources to facilitate US SHIP’s pathway to an officially recognized USDA Swine Health Program
- Final review and approval of Program Standards derived from US House of Delegates